Rhode Island Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
LIHEAP helps keep families warm through the winter by assisting families with energy costs and reducing the severity of energy-related crises.

Eligibility:  BVCAP services the following areas for heating assistance:  Pawtucket, Central Falls, Cumberland, and Lincoln.  Households must document income and family size and fall into the guidelines set by the federal government. Eligibility is based on Federal Income Guidelines

LIHEAP Application Checklist English_and_Spanish FY 2023

Application LIHEAP FFY 2023

Application LIHEAP FFY 2023 SPA

Landlord Information Form – 2023

Adult Household Member w-no income Form FFY2023

Support Letter – FFY2023

Rental Income Form – FFY 2023

Apply online here.

To obtain a copy of your Social Security Benefit Statement click here.

Get help managing your monthly energy bill here.

The LIHEAP program opens October 1, 2022. If you have any questions regarding your application please call (401)723-0227.

Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)

LIHWAP is a temporary emergency program that can help eligible households and families afford water and wastewater services, providing a one-time payment that is paid directly to the utility company. LIHWAP is available through September 2023 or until funds are exhausted.

Appendix O- LIHWAP Application 2023

Appendix O- LIHWAP Application 2023 SP

To be eligible, households must have an annual income at or below 60% of the State median income and have a demonstrated need for water assistance.

Weatherization and Boileenergy_textr Assessment

BVCAP’S weatherization program is available to assist income eligible residents in upgrading their homes to reduce heating bills by providing house energy efficiency services to households that already qualify for LIHEAP. Some of the services include installing insulation as needed and boiler repair/replacement. Health and safety measures are also provided, such as, installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, reducing drafts, and providing proper ventilation.

Tenants with landlord approval and homeowners are eligible for weatherization.

Heating contractors please click here for more information.

BVCAP heating crew

Appliance Management Program (AMP)
BVCAP offers a comprehensive electrical energy audit on households that already qualify for LIHEAP.
The program focuses on determining the electrical usage of appliances and installation of energy efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs. Through the help of National Grid, BVCAP may be able to replace appliances free of charge to those who qualify.

For Weatherization or AMP information call (401) 723-4520