Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
RSVP provides opportunities for seniors 55+ to share their time, experience, knowledge and interests with others in the community. RSVP volunteers are connected to networks of seniors who use their skills to provide services and support throughout the community.
- Provide administrative support, nutrition education, SNAP resources, and community referrals for hunger
- Deliver meals to home bound clients 5 days a week
- Provide home visits and companionship to homebound clients
- Participate with the Wellness Initiatives exercise trainings such as armchair aerobics, water aerobics, line dancing, and tap dancing at Senior Services in Woonsocket
- Assist in ongoing recruitment, enrollment, and program management of A Matter of Balance (an Evidence Based Fall Prevention Program)
- Collect, sort, recycle, reuse, or repurpose recyclable materials in Woonsocket RI and surrounding areas
- Provide education, outreach, and information on disaster preparedness
- Participate in recognizing and assisting veterans and their families with clothing, heating assistance, weatherization benefits, nutritional information, SNAP, and other community and government resources
- Partner with persons of disabilities from one on one or small group activities in the catchment area
RSVP is located in our Woonsocket and Pawtucket offices.